Caxton Village Hall, Gransden Road, Caxton, Cambridge, CB23 3PL
Welcome to the Caxton Village Hall 100 Club
The Village Hall Committee has decided to establish a “100 Club” to raise funds for the Village Hall. Funds will be used to improve and maintain the hall for the benefit of all users, and to subsidise future events. By joining the 100 club you can help ensure Caxton Village Hall remains open as a resource for everyone in our village and the surrounding community. You will also have a chance to win cash prizes every month!
Caxton Village Hall 100 club Rules
1. The 100 club will be run as a small lottery as defined by the Gambling Act 2007.
2. The 100 Club will be open to those who live in Caxton village and the surrounding area, their family and friends. Participants must be over 16 years of age.
3. The 100 club will run from 1st May 2017 to 30th April 2018.
4. £24 per year will buy one number to be entered into the monthly draw. Participants may purchase one or more numbers. (Unfortunately it may be difficult to accommodate a request for a particular number but if you do have preferences please state them on the application form and we will do our best.)
5. Payment must either be by cash, cheque or bank transfer for a full year’s membership. For those joining after the start of the 100 club’s “year” the payment will be calculated pro-rata.
6. 40% of all income after expenses will be paid out as prizes. The prizes will therefore depend on the number of participants. For example if 100 numbers are purchased, the monthly prize pool would equal £80 which might be paid as prizes of £50, £20, and £10. (If only 50 numbers are purchased the monthly prize pool would equal £40 and prizes would be £25, £10, and £5.)
7. The allocation of prizes will be decided by the Village Hall Committee.
8. The draw will be made on or before the 15th of each month in the presence of at least 3 Village Hall Committee members, one of whom has no interest in the 100 Club.
9. The winning cheques will be paid out as soon as possible after the draw, either in person or by post. The winners will be posted in the village newsletter and on the village website.
10. All profits will be retained and used by Caxton Village Hall for the benefit of The Hall and village.
11. If a winner cannot be contacted, their winnings will be placed into the Caxton Village Hall Fund after a period of 6 months.
12. The Village Hall Committee reserves the right to alter the rules of the 100 club as necessary and inform the participants.
13. The Village Hall Committee may wind up the 100 Club at any time and reimburse the participant’s payments for the remainder of the year.
14. The 100 club rules will be posted on the village website.
If you wish to join the 100 Club, please complete the attached application form.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact Sally Bushby 01954 719529 or Chris Rundell 01954 719665